Suggestions & Complaints

Financial Aid is granted to those who cannot provide for their basic needs and those of their family. Note that financial assistance is meant to be a help and is not an unemployment benefit. If you are in need of financial assistance, contact the Department of Social Services for an appointment with a Social Welfare Officer.Each client’s circumstances are different; therefore the amount received is dependent on the client’s documents submitted.Applicants should expect a response within 4 to 8 weeks after submitting their documents.If you are in need of legal assistance, contact the Department of Social Services.

Eligibility Requirements Financial Aid

  • Dutch Nationals registered at the Census Office for a minimum period of 3 months
  • Residents with legal status, registered at the Census Office for a minimum period of 5 years

* Other conditions may apply to determine eligibility

Documents Required (Some items may not be applicable)

  • A complete financial assistance application form
  • A registration form from the census office
  • A copy of passport and copy of a valid ID card
  • Copy of utility bills (GEBE, Telem, and Cable)
  • Proof of income- salary slips, pension letter (SZV, APNA, GOVERNMENT, etc.), rental (apartment or land), child support, alimony, settlement, etc.
  • Proof of expenditure- rent receipt, loans, etc.
  • Proof of legal guardianship of minor children (if applicable)
  • Proof that the applicant is actively looking for work (Negative response letters from companies where he/she applied)
  • Income Tax Declaration/Statement from the year before
  • Medical evaluation  - A valid doctor’s letter stating valid reason why applicant can’t work

One-time Financial Aid

In addition to financial aid persons in need can request one-time financial assistance. One-time financial aid can be requested for the following items:

  • School fee
  • School uniform
  • Funeral expenses * maximum amounts apply
  • Calamities- fire & floods * issued under the Crisis Care Unit

Eligibility Requirements and Documents Required for One-time Financial Aid

The same procedure for financial assistance including the bill (Performa) for the item they are applying for.

Note: Persons who fall within the Labor Market category, between ages 18 – 55, who are seeking medical and financial assistance from the Department of Social Services are also required to register as unemployed at the Department of Labor Affairs. These persons must actively search for employment and will therefore also be referred to a Job Placement Officer.